Region 8 Roundtable
...providing a dynamic forum for exploring quality
solutions to western pollution prevention issues
Communication among agencies is vital to success in assisting and educating individuals and businesses to prevent pollution. The network available for this purpose in EPA Region 8 is the Regional Pollution Prevention Roundtable. To facilitate the Roundtable, Peaks to Prairies:
- Serves as a focal point for collection and distribution of pollution prevention information in the region
- Organizes monthly or bi-monthly conference calls for the Region 8 P2 Advisory Board consisting of EPA funded state P2 program directors
- Maintains a list serve for discussion of regionally relevant P2 issues
- Organizes an annual roundtable meeting to set pollution prevention goals and plan for the coming year.
Pollution doesnt just happen, it can be prevented. The Region 8 Roundtable is a catalyst and clearinghouse for quality pollution prevention assistance through:
- Leveraging resources and tools for outreach and education
- Facilitating partnerships
- Encouraging technology transfer
- Promoting regulatory integration
Roundtable Goals are to provide a forum for:
- sharing activities and projects
- reducing duplication of effort through collaboration
- opening lines of communication with other agencies
Meeting location is rotated among the Region 8 states. The agenda varies depending on the year's priorities but some time during each roundtable is dedicated to setting regional pollution prevention goals and planning for the coming year. Records for past roundtables can be viewed by clicking on the year in the lefthand navigation bar.
For more information about the roundtable contact email@example.com and/or browse the annual records of past roundtables (listed by year in the lefthand navigation bar).
Biomimicry - Nature as Model, Measure, & Mentor (PowerPoint)